Important Contacts

While at Rutgers University school of environmental and biological sciences, you will mainly utilize the following contacts.

  • SEBS Business Office - The Office of Financial and Business Administration (OFBA), serves as the central financial office for the School of Environmental and Biological Sciences and the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station.
    • Click here for accountant contacts by department.
    • Generally, the Business Office should be the first point of contact for financial transactions. A general listing of financial documents include: TABERs, Cash Transmittals, Journal Entries, Travel Orders, Travel Advances, Purchase Orders, Billheads
  • SEBS Human Resources/Personnel Inquiries - First point of contact for issues related to employment, compensation programs, benefits, employee relations, and affirmative action. They also manage the hiring, reappointment, promotion and tenure of faculty. Additionally, they address questions on TAs, GAs, and PTLs.
  • SEBS Budget Office - The Office of Planning and Budgets is responsible for developing the annual budget and the strategic hiring plans for faculty and staff recruitment. They are also responsible for managing all capital improvements and renovations, faculty start up packages, and lastly managing and monitoring all special initiatives. Click here for budget office contact information.
  • Office of Grants Facilitation (Pre-Award) - This office provides grantsmanship training and consultation, and disseminates relevant and timely information about funding opportunities. Additionally they are responsible for agency programmatic initiatives. They also suggest potential internal and external collaborations, prepares researchers for funding agency meetings, and contributes content on an as-needed basis. For more information on the Office of Grants Facilitation, click here.
  • Grants and Contract Accounting (Post-Award) – Grant and Contract Accounting (GCA) was established to assist faculty members in their efforts to obtain and administer externally sponsored programs in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the programs. Click here for GCA contacts.
  • Central Payroll – Commitment accounting issues 848-445-2113
  • University HR – Payroll action issues 848-932-3020