- Financial Staff Manual
- Cash Transmittals
- Check Requests
- Commitment Accounting
- Fund Sources
- Grants, Contracts, and Sundry Funds
- Journal Entries
- Procurement (Purchase Orders)
- State and Federal Appropriations
- Travel Orders
- WebFACS for Bookkeepers and Accounting Assistants
- WebFACS for Faculty
- What constitutes a Business Justification?
- What can I request a Travel Advance for?
- What are the rules and regulations concerning hiring professional services (formerly referred to as consultants)?
- How do I find details for the telephone charges that hit my account before VoIP was implemented?
- How do I get access to RIAS?
- How do I get access to FACS?
- What natural account should be used for equipment purchases?
- How do I establish a Petty Cash Fund? What are the restrictions for my petty cash fund?
- Where can I find more helpful hints on commitment accounting and self-service issues?
- How do I go about disposing of a vehicle?
- Where can I find the cash transmittal template?
- How do I prepare a cash transmittal?
- What documentation should I include on the transmittal to help with processing?
- I entered my cash transmittal into FACS. When will I see the income on my fund source in FACS?
- How many copies of the cash transmittal should I keep in my department? How many copies of the cash transmittal does the business office need in order to process my cash transmittal?
- Do I send cash deposits to the business office?
- How should I process checks that are received in the form of a donation?
- What do I do if a check is not payable to Rutgers?
- How do I prepare a check request?
- When should I use a check request?
- Can I use a check request to wire transfer funds for payment to a vendor?
- What additional information is needed for a wire transfer request?
- Can I have a check drawn on foreign (non-U.S. Dollar) currency?
- Why does my payroll continue to be charged to my default (suspense) account even after I have updated my charging instructions in the employee charging instructions module?
- How can I create new charging instructions for personnel in my department?
- Can I go back to a prior pay cycle and change the charging instructions for an individual?
- How do I remove an employee record that was created in error?
- How soon will my charging instructions go into effect after I have created them?
- What report would list my department's default account?
- How do I prepare a SWRJ?
- How can I remove bonus pay from a fund source?
- How do I calculate my salary reallocation?
- What are the different types of fund groups?
- What is included in a fund source string?
- Why is department activity 1 (project) important to include in a fund source string?
- My department just received a new grant/fund source. How do I obtain a project number?
- How do I determine which natural account is appropriate for my type of expense/income?
Grants, Contracts, and Sundry Funds
- How can I spend on a grant before the paperwork is signed?
- When purchasing equipment, what natural account should be used?
- What natural accounts should be used when purchasing supplies?
- Can I use a foreign air carrier when booking travel?
- What is Cost Sharing and when does it need to be done?
- Can I transfer expenses onto a grant from other accounts?
- How do I transfer expenses to/from a grant when it has been more than 90 days past the grants end date?
- Where can I locate the journal entry templates?
- How do I prepare a journal entry?
- What do I do if my template is not working/uploading correctly?
- Who will review and approve my journal entries?
- How do I edit a journal entry if it has been rejected?
- How do I modify or delete a journal entry?
- How do I prepare a Plant Fund Journal?
- What backup is required for a journal entry?
Procurement (Purchase Orders)
- What is the difference between each type of purchase order?
- How do I prepare a requisition and obtain a purchase order?
- What documentation should I generally provide with my requisition?
- How can I purchase the services of a consultant/contractor?
- Which natural account should I use to classify my product/service?
- How do I process a pre-payment?
- Who needs to review and approve a purchase order that requires signing a lease?
- How can I cater my department's event?
- How is an internal purchase order different than a regular purchase order?
- I want to purchase an item over $5,000 and use a specific vendor since they have the best expertise and/or are the most competitively priced. What do I need to do?
- Are there any goods and services that are restricted and/or need special approvals?
- How do I cancel a purchase order or change the quantity ordered on a purchase order (i.e., COR)?
- How can I order products from Amazon.com?
State and Federal Appropriations
- Where can I locate the TABER template?
- Can I purchase a product that my department urgently needs now and seek reimbursement on a TABER?
- What documentation do I need to provide if I am seeking per diem on my TABER?
- Can I still submit a TABER for reimbursement if I have lost my receipt and/or I only have a copy?
- How would I process a $500 TABER (non-travel related)? How do I get reimbursed for an out-of-pocket purchase over $500?
- What do I need to do if I was unable to submit my TABER within 60 days?
- What is an acceptable form for proof of payment?
- Are there any general guidelines that I can use when preparing a TABER?
- How do I submit a TABER for foreign travel with receipts in another language?
- I need to be reimbursed for an expense that includes my supervisor. Who approves this?
- Can a family member share a hotel room during a conference?
- What if my spouse stays in the same hotel room with me for a business trip, but the cost of a double room at my hotel is not the same as a single room?
- When can "change fees" for airline reservations be reimbursed?
- What is considered "Travel Status"?
- Is my credit card receipt sufficient for meal reimbursement?
- Where can I find information on moving/relocation for new employees?
- What natural account can be used for travel expenses?
- I am taking a business trip with a co-worker. We are sharing expenses including lodging and driving to the meeting location together. Is there any special handling necessary for reimbursement of my expenses?
- I am a faculty member and I have given permission to a student or to a group of students to attend a conference. In order to simplify the reimbursement process, what information can I give my students prior to taking the trip?
- If I am traveling to a meeting site straight from my home and it is at a different location than my office, how much mileage will I be reimbursed?
- What constitutes travel status when traveling in-state?
- What are examples of non-compliance on a TABER?
- I need to replace an expensive piece of equipment while on travel status (over $500.00). How do I get reimbursed for an out-of-pocket purchase over $500?
- Where do I go to register for training courses?
- How is effort certificate reporting technology training important at Rutgers?
- What type of training will be provided by the business office?
- What is the primary function of the business office?
- What are my (department) responsibilities?
- What are the universities responsibilities?
- How do I obtain the Rutgers travel order form?
- Do I need to enter my travel order into FACS after entering it into the online travel order form?
- Which natural account should I use to classify my travel?
- What supporting documentation do I need to provide to the business office?
- Can I use a foreign air carrier when booking travel?