All expenditures for any financial transaction at Rutgers University require a Rutgers University business reason, purpose or justification. This is a statement that shows the intent of the expenditures and how it relates to the funding source charged.
Examples of an appropriate business reason/purpose/justification:
- Mileage for Passaic County Business Stakeholder Meeting where presence is required as Director of RCE.
- Chemical lab supplies needed for research project 37123
- Lab supplies for Dr. Doe's research in protein analysis
- Lunch meeting with John Smith to discuss planning and message alignment for MARS visit. Lunch was the only available time all parties were able to meet.
- Attending 4-H shooting sport camp to become trained to become the 4-H shooting sport coordinator responsible for the NJ 4-H statewide shooting sports program.
Examples of an inappropriate business reason/purpose/justification:
- Mileage for meeting in Passaic County.
- No explanation provided for a purchase order for a chemical.
- Lunch meeting with supervisor.
- Attended shooting sports camp.
- Flowers for colleague's funeral.
Updated May 3, 2012